How to wipe the paste from the handle from the wallpaper?
In a house where there are small children, wallpaper often becomes a kind of platform for their creativity. Drawings made with writing pens, markers or colored pencils can regularly appear on pasted walls. In such a situation, a decision may arise to leave the first creative impulses of your child on the wallpaper and even, as an option, put them in a frame. If in your case it is necessary to remove the traces of the pen from the wall-paper, you can use the tips given in this article.
How to clean different wallpapers?
It is always unpleasant when pollution or stains appear in a prominent place on the wallpaper-glued wall. Traces can leave an adult inadvertently. However, more often wallpaper suffer from the manifestation of the talents of the small inhabitants of the apartment. It is worth leaving the baby unattended for just a few minutes, as his curious instinct breaks out. Things are thrown out of the boxes, my mother’s cosmetic bag is emptied and her contents are examined in detail, and the wallpaper is irresistibly drawn towards her, just like a blank canvas attracts an artist.
Well, things are easy to put back in the cabinets and drawers, but to return the wallpaper to its original form, it will take some time and effort.
Before making any attempts to remove ink marks on the wallpaper, you need to decide what type of wallpaper you have to deal with. In our case, we are primarily interested in washable or paper.
Of course, to wash or wipe the traces of the handle with washable wallpaper will be much easier. This type of wallpaper is well tolerated by both wet and dry cleaning. To clean them, you can use some chemical cleaners. This greatly simplifies the task and is likely to provide you with a better result.
Paper wallpaper, in contrast, does not tolerate wet cleaning. They are also very sensitive to rough mechanical cleaning. In this case, unfortunately, there is a very high probability that it will not be possible to clean the gel or ballpoint pen from their surface.
One option in this case may be the replacement of part of the wallpaper. In other words, the damaged area can be re-glued.
Means from the first-aid kit
In the case of vinyl, acrylic or other types of washable wallpaper, you can use wet cleaning using various solutions. Here are some ways you can use your home. without resorting to special detergents and cleaners:
- Crystals of potassium permanganate must be diluted in a small amount of table 6% vinegar. The solution should acquire a bright purple hue. Soak a sponge or gauze swab with the resulting composition and treat it with traces of the handle on the wall. Ink will literally dissolve before our eyes, but a pinkish stain will remain on the wallpaper.
Do not be scared, it will be easy to discolor by wiping this area with hydrogen peroxide.
- You can try using a mixture of ammonia and baking soda. The components must be taken in equal parts, for example one teaspoon, and pour a glass of warm water. Moisten a cotton swab with the resulting solution and treat the stain.
- Hydrogen peroxide works well in conjunction with glycerin. Glycerin solution and peroxide should be mixed 1: 1 and wipe the ink contaminated area.
One must still be prepared for the fact that it will be necessary to use "heavy artillery", that is, resort to detergents. There is nothing to worry about if you know The basic rules for using them to remove paste from the handle from the wallpaper:
- The easiest and most affordable option is to use a regular soap solution. The best way to prepare the solution is a laundry soap. Dampened with a soft cloth or sponge, gently wash ink traces from the surface.
- It perfectly dissolves gel and ball ink of all shades of acetone or nail polish remover. After their application and the disappearance of the stain, the surface should be wiped with a damp sponge dipped in plain water.
- Shaving foam can be applied to the stain from the handle and allowed to dry on the surface of the wallpaper. Carefully remove the dried foam with a dry method.
- With minor and still fresh contamination, a dishwashing detergent can help. It treats the surface with spots and dirt, then the area is gently wiped with a damp cloth or sponge.
- If you need to remove traces of ink from plain white or light wallpapers, the use of chlorine-containing bleaching compositions is a very good option. An aqueous bleach solution is applied to the wallpaper. After the traces of the writing pen disappear, the surface is wiped with a damp sponge.
Some housewives, experimenting and using ingenuity, were able to discover not quite ordinary recipes and means for cleaning wallpapers:
- Ink well corrodes all acidic solutions. Therefore, you can try to remove stains with lemon juice, a solution of citric acid or weak vinegar.
- Kefir or sour milk will also help to cope with the stain. The only thing this method is not very convenient for is the need for prolonged exposure to the paste stain. After applying kefir to the sponge, it is necessary to press it to the stain and keep it in this position until the ink begins to stain the kefir.
This will be a signal that they began to collapse, then you should again dip the sponge in kefir and apply to the stain.
- A regular eraser will help to slightly reduce the intensity and brightness of ink streaks. This method can also be used with caution on paper wallpapers.
- Some housewives claim that the ink stain can be removed with a boiled chicken egg. An egg, cut after cooking and cooling in half, must be applied to the ink trail and wait until they are absorbed into the yolk. The method, of course, is controversial. Perhaps it is worth trying as an alternative or in combination with other means.
- Starch diluted in water can be used to treat stains on wallpaper. Then wipe the wallpaper with a dry cloth or sponge.
- Light and white wallpapers can be cleaned with toothpaste. Apply a small ball of toothpaste to a brush or hard sponge. Gently, without excessive pressure, rub the stain. The remaining paste must be removed with a dry cloth or sponge.
If you have a need to wash traces of ink from wallpaper, you should keep in mind The following tips and tricks:
- When resorting to any of the methods of cleaning wallpaper, it is advisable to first try it on other, invisible sections of the wall. For example, apply bleach or other composition to a small area of wallpaper behind a cabinet or cabinet. This test is done to see how the selected product or solution will affect your wallpaper. Despite the fact that washable wallpapers are quite persistent and unpretentious, it is impossible to give a one hundred percent guarantee on the absence of a negative reaction.
- It is better not to delay cleansing the wallpaper from traces of the handle. The longer the ink stays on the wallpaper, the more they will be absorbed into the material. So, the sooner you take action, the greater the chances of a successful outcome and maintaining the appearance of your wallpaper.
- When working with solutions and detergents, be sure to use rubber gloves. This will help to avoid a possible allergic reaction or irritation of sensitive skin on the hands.
- You need to be prepared for the fact that it will not be possible to quickly wipe the ink, and you will have to apply one of the methods repeatedly, or resort to several methods for a better result.
- Unfortunately, none of the methods guarantee a 100% get rid of stains. Even washable wallpaper is not always possible to clean completely, to its original appearance. The result of your efforts will depend on the degree of contamination, the type and quality of the ink paste, and the type of wallpaper you use.
If it is not possible to achieve a sufficiently good result, you can resort to partial sealing of the damaged areas with clean pieces of wallpaper.
- To prevent such pollution of wallpaper in the future, one should calmly explain to the crumb what his mistake was. You can do this in the form of an interesting role-playing game. It is advisable to take care of the children's drawing board and other drawing supplies so that the child is not drawn to show their talents in inappropriate places in the apartment.
A clear demonstration of the "rescue operation" of wallpaper is waiting for you in the next video.