Yolk hair mask
In ancient times, all girls and women had long thick hair. After all, then there was neither soap nor shampoos that help us out today. Despite the large amount of hair care products, modern women rarely boast of chic thick hair. Obviously, the means used by the beauties of the past are much more effective than the current ones, although these were mainly food products. These included egg yolks.
Features of cosmetics
Eggs have long been famous not only for their nutritional value, but also for healthy qualities of the body, especially hair. Especially valuable, of course, is the yolk, because it is the source of the most important trace elements, amino acids, and vitamins. Therefore, in both industrial and home cosmetics, there are many egg-based recipes.
Vitamins of groups A, B, E, D, which are rich in egg yolks, eliminate brittleness, dryness, split ends, hair loss. They also have beneficial effects on the epidermis of the head, preventing itching, dandruff, irritation and stimulating blood circulation.
Amino acids and trace elements act as protectors from the negative effects of external factors, saturate with nutrients, moisturize, give shine and smooth naughty hair.
Yolk hair masks have virtually no contraindications. If there is no intolerance and allergy to eggs in general and yolk in particular, it is worth trying such masks. Even for those women who have good hair, they are advised to use them as a prophylaxis for strengthening hair and for their growth. Yolks often replace shampoos, they are very good to wash your hair.
It is important not to forget about such a feature of yolk masks as their quick drying and hardening, which creates problems when washing off. Therefore, such masks do not hold on their heads for a long time and always put on a plastic hat. If the smell seems unpleasant, this is easily corrected by adding aromatic oils and thoroughly rinsing the composition with shampoo and balm.
As a therapeutic agent, yolk masks are used in courses of 10 sessions, applying them 4 times a week. For a general strengthening and preventive effect, a couple of times every 7 days is enough.
Ready-made store products
The realities of modern life are such that there is not always time and opportunity to prepare masks at home with your own hands. With this in mind, the cosmetics industry offers a wide range of hair care products. Among them are various masks with egg yolks. True, the effect of their use does not always meet the expectations of customers. After all, there are no natural products there. It is also good if egg powder acts as the yolk in them. In most cases, synthetic components that replace natural ones.
The main thing is to choose the right mask, given the problems of your hair type. With ready-made cosmetic store products, this will not be difficult, since the package contains information about what this or that product is intended for.
How to make at home
Of course, homemade hair masks made up of proven products with their own hands will much more beneficially affect both the hair and the epidermis of the head. In addition, there are many recipes for preparing such home remedies and you can experimentally select the most suitable option. It will be much cheaper and more effective than purchased masks.
At first, cooking egg masks at home can be a time-consuming process, but over time, picking up a recipe and stuffing a hand will not be a problem.
It is important to follow some recommendations when making homemade composition using egg yolk:
- As a component of the mask, which is done at home independently, it is permissible to take different eggs, but it is desirable that they be homemade and fresh. Quail eggs will need more than two times chicken. Most often only the yellow part is selected, but the eggs for masks intended for hair prone to grease are not divided.
- The yellow part of the egg must not be poured into the mass with hot ingredientsbecause it tends to curl up if the temperature is above 60 degrees. If a water bath is required to combine the ingredients, it must be controlled that the mixture does not become very hot. If the mass is still cooked, you will have to throw it away, because combing it out of your hair will be difficult.
- Whatever eggs are chosen for the mask, it is important to carefully separate the yolks from the proteins. There are several ways. You can choose the most convenient.
- Take a funnel, it can be made of thick paper, and pour an egg there. Through a narrow neck, the protein flows into the prepared dishes, the yolk remains inside.
- The egg is pierced through with a needle or needle, the protein is expressed.
- The egg breaks and the mass moves from one half of the shell to the other. Protein flows into the cup, the yolk remains in the shell.
How to use
If you follow some simple recommendations, the benefits of the mask will be more:
- Egg masks are used when it is time to wash your hair, because the yolk calmly replaces both shampoo and balm. Pre-wet hair is not necessary, they must be dry.
- The prepared product is applied to the head and massaged, rubbed into the skin. Then you need to process the hair, you can use a comb with rare teeth or a brush for this.
- Additionally process split ends.
- When the whole composition was on the hair, be sure to put on a hat or wrap your head with plastic wrap and wrap it with something warm.
- It is pointless to keep the product on your hair for a long time - the yolk mask dries quickly. Usually enough from 40 minutes. up to 2 hours, so that all useful elements nourish the epidermis of the head.
- If the product contains "hot" ingredients - mustard, pepper or pepper tincture, ginger, cinnamon, cognac - it can be kept no more than half an hour to avoid burns or skin irritation.
- Hot water is contraindicated for rinsing masks from the yolk. If the product is still curled up, you will have to use a hair balm and stock up on large volumes of water with the addition of vinegar - 1 part (tbsp.) Per 1 liter. liquids.
Yolk hair masks are shown to almost everyone. The addition of certain components changes their functionality. So, with lemon, it is preferable to choose for hair prone to greasy, and oils give shine and elasticity.
With the addition of honey:
- Would need 2 parts honey, 1 part finely chopped onion, 1 yolk. Beat everything until smooth, treat the hair, cover with a shower cap or plastic bag. For warmth, wrap something warm (handkerchief, towel). You need to go with a mask within an hour. Rinse off better with shampoo to leave the smell of onions.
As for the use of hats and warming turban, they are always needed, so we will not repeat this item in each recipe.
- Beat well with a mixer 1 part onion juice, 1 yolk and 1 part castor oil, add a little sea salt. After processing the hair, walk for 45 minutes, then rinse, it is better with shampoo.
- To whipped yolks (1-2 pcs.) Add honey (2 tsp) and the same amount of burdock oil. Hold for 40 minutes. and rinse off.
- Beat the yolk in a cup with 1 tsp liquid honey and 1 tsp. aloe juice. Hold for 35 minutes.
With cognac or vodka:
- Beat the yolks (2 pcs.), Add to them 40 gr. brandy and water, mix well. Keep it no more than 20 minutes.
- Prepare aloe (1 leaf to peel, pierce in a blender). Combine the resulting puree with honey (1 part), castor oil (1 tsp) or burdock oil, cognac (1 tsp) and yolk.
- To one yolk (beat) add 20 drops of vitamin A, 2 parts of honey and 3 parts of brandy or vodka. Soak to half an hour.
- Into a deep cup pour 1/2 tbsp. vodka, 1/4 tbsp. water and 1 tsp. ammonia. Separately, beat 1-2 yolks and gradually introduce into the solution. To homogeneity, mix everything, then apply to the head. Stand for 30 minutes. and rinse off.
- Beat the yolk with 1 part yogurt, 1 part honey and 1/2 tsp. almond oil. Washed off with tepid water after 1.5 hours.
With a banana:
- Beat the banana with a blender, yolk, 1 part honey and half a glass of beer. Hold the mask for an hour.
- Yolk and Olive Oil (you can use any other - 2 tsp). Beat with a mixer, gradually pouring half a glass of water. Treat head and hair, massage and rinse immediately.
- 1 part olive and castor oil warm briefly in a water bath, pour in 1 yolk and beat thoroughly thoroughly. After warming with a towel, additionally warm your head with a hairdryer. After 40 minutes, rinse off everything.
- Combine well beaten yolk with 1 part of your favorite shampoo, 1 part of honey and 1 part of colorless henna. Cover hair with a composition, wash off after 20 minutes.
With protein (useful for oily hair):
- First you need to beat the protein (one egg is enough) and 10 minutes to put in the refrigerator. At this time, chop half an avocado (you can replace it with papaya) in a blender, pour 3 parts of yogurt, of course, natural, without additives, yolk and protein. Apply for 20-30 minutes.
- Beat squirrels from 2 eggs with a mixer to steady peaks, pour juice from half a lemon into this bowl, 1 teaspoon of burdock oil, one yolk. Beat and treat hair again. Hold for half an hour.
With sour cream:
- It is very beneficial on dry hair: combine 2 parts of sour cream with 2 yolks. Distribute over the entire surface of the head (those who wish can put it on the face at the same time), including the length of the hair. Clean up after 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully beaten yolk combine with 2 tbsp. l kefir. Treat the epidermis of the head and the entire length of the hair, rinse off after 5 minutes.
- 2 parts mustard dilute in 2 parts of boiling water, introduce 1 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp. olive oil. Into the cooled mass, mix the beaten yolk. The composition is applied only to the skin of the head, focusing on the roots. It is preferable to treat hair with oil (peach, almond, olive or others). Hold for 15 to 30 minutes.
With carrot juice:
- Beat with a mixer until thick foam 1 yolk, 4 parts carrot juice, 1 part olive oil and lemon juice. Hold for 5-10 minutes, then rinse as usual.
See even more recipes for yolk hair masks in the next video.
Yolk masks, which contribute to the treatment and strengthening of hair, are very popular and have good reviews. Those women who more or less regularly used yolk masks, even with store eggs and with a minimum set of ingredients, leave not only admiring reviews, but also photos of their magnificent hair.
Failure to comply with the formulation, method of preparation and the time during which the mask should be on the head leads to negative results and, as a result, negative reviews.