Essential oils for face
Essential oils have been known to mankind for a very long time. They were the first cosmetics that were used in skin care. Thanks to a whole fan of useful properties, these fragrant substances are overgrown with legends and myths about their magical effect on youth, beauty and sexual attractiveness.
And the first myth is already concluded in the name itself - "essential oils", although they do not have the properties of ordinary base oils. These are organic oil-like substances that easily evaporate at room temperature without leaving a trace. In their chemical composition, fats are absent.
How to get
The source of essential oils is only vegetable raw materials. Aromatic substances are present in leaves, flower petals, buds, peel of fruits. There are many ways to extract the ether extract: dynamic adsorption (using activated carbon), extraction (using organic solvents), extraction (extraction with carbon dioxide), hydrodiffusion (the most modern method that does not require expensive equipment). For each type of plant, a specific method is used that allows you to select the largest amount of high-quality product.
There is an opinion that a product from plant materials cannot be expensive. This is not entirely true. It is true for some types of esters, for example citrus, which are obtained by an economical method of pressing.
A distillation method is also inexpensive. Distillation involves heating the raw material with steam or in water. High temperature destroys plant cells. Volatile substances are released and with steam enter the cooling apparatus, where they are converted into a mixture of oil and water. Due to the ability of the essential oil to not dissolve in water, it is quite easy to isolate.
The most difficult and, accordingly, expensive method is an enthletion: flower petals (roses, roses, jasmine) are laid out on a base saturated with animal fat. Fat absorbs the aroma as much as possible. And from the resulting aromatic fat mass with the help of alcohol, essential oil is extracted.
Thus, due to different production methods, the price of the final product can vary from several hundred rubles to several thousand for a small bottle of aromatic liquid.
The plant world on Earth is amazing and diverse. Each tree, blade of grass, flower has its own shape, color and smell. So the essential oils obtained from plants have completely different, sometimes opposite properties. Some of them cope better with age-related changes in the skin and assist in lifting, others with skin diseases, and others restore the water - fat balance. Therefore, speaking about the benefits of esters, each oil should be considered separately and skin type should be considered.
Dry skin in youth it is considered a gift of nature, but with age it quickly loses its beauty and becomes wrinkled, therefore it requires intensive moisturizing. Essential oils are useful in caring for such skin. They improve her condition, reduce peeling, itching and wrinkles.
- Stimulate the production of subcutaneous fat - chamomile, geranium, sandalwood, palmarosa.
- Normalize blood circulation - rose, rosemary, lemon.
- Stimulate cell renewal - lavender, neroli, myrrh, frankincense.
- Moisturize and retain moisture - neroli, jasmine.
Oily skinon the contrary, in youth it gives a lot of trouble to its owners (unkempt glossy appearance, comedones, enlarged pores). With age, skin cells change and cease to retain moisture, pores narrow, and problems with oily sheen disappear. But there are problems with elasticity. Essential oils help to cope with them.
- Cleanse - lavender, tea tree, lemon.
- Reduce secretion and narrow pores - rosemary, bergamot, grapefruit.
- Give anti-aging effect - lavender, lemon, juniper.
Normal skin smooth, smooth, without spots, peeling and glossy gloss - a rarity. Esters will help to keep such skin young and healthy longer.
- Cleanse - orange, lemon, rose.
- Tone up - geranium, juniper, rosemary.
- Have anti-aging effect - tea tree, jasmine.
Problematic is a skin prone to acne and acne, with various irregularities and seals. For such skin, it is very difficult to choose the means of care. It would seem what kind of oil can be discussed if there is a fat imbalance. But ethers can help. It is important only to apply them pointwise and apply it to the damaged area.
- It has bactericidal properties; it is used at the stage of acne ripening. - mint.
- Fights the effects of a rash (spots, scars) - lavender. As an exception, it is categorically not recommended to use in its pure form.
- It treats acne, smoothes and polishes the skin - ylang - ylang.
- Disinfect skin - Mandarin, lemon, orange, bergamot.
Aging skin characterized by a low level of regeneration, the appearance of wrinkles and age spots and requires more care and careful care. It is difficult to fight nature, but you can use its own strength, which is enclosed in natural products.
- Smooth wrinkles and give elasticity - Neroli, patchouli, sandalwood, rose, rosemary.
- Have a lifting effect - vetiver, jasmine.
- Lighten (whitening effect) and remove age spots - lemon, frankincense.
- Promote cell regeneration - nutmeg, ylang - ylang.
In order not to experience disappointment, do not wait for the results immediately. Essential oils, like all natural ingredients, have a delicate and gradual effect.
On the benefits of essential oils, for example, orange oil, see the next video.
The esters are absolutely safe, because they are completely natural substances. Therefore, the dosage does not matter, and "you can’t spoil the porridge with butter." However, essential oils can not only spoil, but also harm.
Each essential oil is an essence. In nature, such a strong concentration does not occur. It must be used, being careful, after consulting with a specialist, and taking into account all contraindications.
- It is necessary to test the oil for an allergic reaction by applying it to the wrist. The resulting redness will be a natural reaction of the body to the concentrate. If itching and burning are felt for more than 5 minutes, it is better to refuse the use of this drug.
- Ether can be applied to the skin only by mixing it with base oil, matched by skin type, cream or any other components of home masks (with the exception of acne treatment for acne). The dosage can be from 2 to 7 drops per 15 grams of base.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- It is better not to use citrus oils during periods of solar activity before going out, and even more so before relaxing on the beach or visiting the solarium. They contribute to the development of melatonin in the body, which does not allow the tan to lie evenly, but randomly scatters it with dark spots in an arbitrary form.
- Absolutely every essential oil has an individual, unique smell. therefore, when choosing, one should take into account not only the type of skin, but also taste preferences in a variety of aromas.
- You can practice washing your face and body bath. At the same time, do not forget that the esters do not dissolve in water, so first you need to mix them with soda, salt or honey.
- Problem skin can be wiped with a mixture of disinfecting esters.
- To moisturize dry - steam baths are perfect. The esters will evaporate with the steam, and soak up the skin.
- Regular masks and massages with ethers are very useful.
Popular in cosmetology
More than 2000 varieties of essential oils are known. They can be divided into groups. In cosmetology, there is a division according to the effect on the skin (regenerating, cleansing, refreshing, etc.). Although this division is very arbitrary, because the same oil can be beneficial in several ways.
For cosmetic procedures, the best esters are those that eliminate facial skin defects and have a rejuvenating effect.
- Jasmine. As a lifting agent, it will suit any type of skin if it is used as one of the elements of an essential cocktail. In combination with rosemary and bergamot, it will regulate the functioning of the sebaceous glands, and heal inflammation, improving the condition of oily and combination skin. A mixture with lavender and rose is suitable for sensitive skin. Dry skin will turn into moisturized and supple, protect against ultraviolet radiation, prevent pigmentation.
- Neroli. Prepared from orange petals. It is considered one of the most effective means for anti-aging procedures. It relieves age wrinkles, smoothes expression lines, eliminates the visible pattern of small vessels on the face. Treats acne. In combination with peach base oil, it is a magic balm for delicate and thin skin around the eyes.
- Pine. For a long time, its needles were used to treat burns and frostbite, using its regenerative properties. These properties are also useful in cosmetology to protect the skin from an external aggressive environment, to eliminate the effects of inflammatory rash and general rejuvenation.
- Fir oil. It has antibacterial properties and fights inflammation, therefore, in its pure form it is used to treat acne and herpes by spot application. It is able to quickly reduce and eliminate pronounced defects of the skin (emergency removal of edema, express lifting).
- Cedar. More precisely, pine nut oil is the only one that has no contraindications. Contains vitamins and minerals, cares for dry and aging skin of the face and hands. Covering it with a thin film, allows you to retain moisture and at the same time does not prevent it from breathing, and also protects from external adverse effects.
- Juniper. This plant is used in folk medicine. It is characterized by a rejuvenating effect. Penetrating deep into the pores and cleansing them, prevents the appearance of acne. Heals wounds. Smoothes scars. In its pure form, it is not recommended. It is better to apply the mixture with vegetable oil in a ratio of 1: 2.
- Eucalyptus. The ability to enhance cell growth makes it a valuable component in aging skin care products. Useful against acne.
- Bergamot. As a result of cosmetic procedures with bergamot, the pores are narrowed and the work of the sebaceous glands is normalized. Bactericidal qualities make it indispensable in the care of oily and problem skin. By adding bergamot oil to the tonic, you can get a high-quality cleansing and refreshing agent.
- Mandarin. Its oil is the most tender and soft of all citrus fruits and can be recommended even to children and pregnant women. Suitable for aging skin. tones, refreshes, evens out the relief and brightens age spots. Improves its color and general condition.
- Sage. Translated from Latin, the name of this plant sounds like "salvation." Sage oil treats pustular diseases and other inflammatory processes on the skin.
- Clove. Spiced oil, in its pure form, is used only pointwise in the fight against boils and warts. An oil cocktail, consisting of 2-3 tbsp. l cosmetic oil (preferably sea buckthorn) and 3-4 drops of clove ether, will gently care for skin affected by acne. Fading skin tones up a regular cream with the addition of 1-2 drops of this ether.
- Cinnamon. Increases blood flow, improves blood circulation. Skin of any type acquires an even color and a radiant appearance.
- Patchouli. It has a lifting effect. Successfully struggling with signs of aging. In combination with almond oil, it becomes a powerful moisturizer (per 10 ml of almond, 2 drops of patchouli ether and 4 drops of chamomile ether), easily eliminates peeling. A cream enhanced by the action of patchouli (2 drops), ylang - ylang (2 drops) and grapefruit (1 drop) can nourish the skin with moisture.
- A mask that perfectly tightens pores.
Beat egg white (1 pc.). Add the essential oils of cloves, geraniums, sage (1 drop each). Apply the resulting mixture to the face. When there is a feeling of tightness, wash yourself with warm running water.
- A simple lotion for cleansing enlarged pores.
Pour tea tree ether (15-20 drops) into mineral non-carbonated water (1/2 cup). Wipe your face in the morning and evening.
- Mask for fading dry skin.
Stir pharmaceutical clay (2 tbsp.) With corn or potato starch (2 tsp.), Chicken yolk (1 pc.) And honey (2 tsp.) Until smooth. Add evening primrose oil (1 tsp) and essential oils of sandalwood (2 drops), roses (2 drops) and lavender (2 drops).
- Universal mask for rejuvenating aging skin of the neck and face.
A cream suitable for your skin type and your age category, for example 45+, (1 tsp) mixed with vetiver or jasmine essential oil (2 drops) and applied to the face and décolleté. Do not rinse. Remove the remaining surplus with a napkin after 15-20 minutes.
If you need to instantly tighten the skin, then it is better to add fir ether (2 cap.) To the cream.
- Anti-wrinkle anti-wrinkle mask for skin elasticity.
Oil shake: jojoba oil (1 tablespoon), essential oils of incense (3 drops), vetiver (3 drops) and sandalwood (1 drop) - is applied to the face and neck for 20 minutes.
- Mask for whitening age spots, brightens the skin.
Mix sea buckthorn oil (2 tablespoons) with lemon essential oil (3 drops).
And now the video is a recipe for a facial mask with a rejuvenating effect, using pine essential oil.
Everyone who regularly uses high-quality essential oils describes their beneficial effects on the skin and great aromas. They note the low quality of inexpensive synthetic analogues sold in pharmacies. It is advised to choose an expensive, but high-quality oil suitable for the type of skin with a favorite aroma. Due to the small doses, one bottle will allow you to enjoy the oil for quite a long time.